Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tutoring

I've talked about writing a book about my experiences tutoring incredibly spoiled children and children who live in situations that make me cry.  Like most Americans, I will talk about writing a book, but never actually accomplish it. I will go into detail, but never sit down and outline it.  But maybe I should start.  I think I need a place to vent about the ridiculousness that I see and feel whenever I walk into a new house.  

I'm assuming that it's my health that's keeping me from being the whirlwind I once was, but a part of me is worried that I'll never be strong enough to be back in a full classroom again.  I enjoy tutoring, not just for the social perspective, but also because it's invigorating to watch a kid "get it." 

Taking classes, tutoring a bit, and not student teaching is the right choice.  The correct choice.  The smart choice.  It doesn't matter how I or anyone else express it---it was a really hard choice.  I want to be as energetic and strong as I was  before---I want to be an amazing teacher, not only a tutor.

No comments: