Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lists

Things I'm glad to report:
1. My Serum Albumin was 3.5 then 3.7 this week *translation- the protein I was losing through my kidneys is staying in my blood
2. My BUN and Creatinine are back to normal *translation--kidney function is normal
3. Post-ATN diuresis is slowing down *translation--I'm not losing 6 liters a day anymore and having to try and drink that much
4. Dehydration/Electrolyte Imbalances are under control
5. I saw friends and Young Life kids a few times in the last week--yay Young Life
6. I bought myself a Wii for my birthday to use as Physical Therapy

Tough Numbers
1. It has been 45 days since I first went to the hospital
2. I have seen a friend(s), in person, 14 of those days
3. I have been on high dose Prednisone for 45 days
4. In 11 days I get to start tapering off
5. If I don't relapse, I should be down to normal doses in 60-80 days
6. If I don't relapse, I should be down to low doses in 6 months
7. If I don't relapse, my immune system should be normal in 14 months

Things that make me smile
1. How my tulips are beautiful and my irises will bloom soon
2. When my dog tries to drink the water from the jacuzzi while it is on
3. How clean and organized I can make everything
4. When friends text or call to talk about something other than my health
5. How Disneyland has taken handicap accessible and made it handicap friendly--making using my wheelchair more of a joy and relief than a
6. Watching my dad play Wii Sports

Things I plan on doing in the next month
1. Cooking a meal from every continent
2. Working in my garden
3. Working on my novel
4. Researching for a thesis--new thesis maybe?
5. Being able to drive again
6. Walking a 1/2 mile
7. Not going back to the hospital
8. Finally putting up pictures on the wall
9. Scrapbooking?

No comments: